On 10/17/20, David <bouncingc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 at 08:03, <pe...@easthope.ca> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have Zoom working in Debian 10?
>
> Yes. I downloaded
>   zoom_amd64-5.0.413237.0524.deb
> from here
>   https://zoom.us/download?os=linux
> and installed it using apt (to provide dependencies).
>
> Because zoom is not trusted software, I did this in a separate primary
> partition where I made a clean minimal install of Debian with LXDE,
> used only for zoom.

I consider this important. Not trusted and not free/open-source -
which ultimately is one and the same thing...

I've been forced to install it in some machines for employers
imposition, and turned to the flatpak-flathub way in order to attain
some level of security through sandbox. It works fine.

Now I ask: is this enough?, anyone have some info about it?

Thanks a lot. Best regards.