Hi.
I have a Creative Live Value (driver emu10k1) and am using debian unstable and kernel 2.4.22-k7-1.
I've been using the OSS output plugin for XMMS on KDE and have been able to play music, although having low quality decoding... (it's noticeable)
I've tried to install and use the ALSA driver for my sound card, but have been unsuccessful...
I installed it more or less following this page: http://www.linuxorbit.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=541&page=1

I installed everything using apt. Installed the alsa-base and alsa-kernel-modules-for-2.4.22-k7-1.
I removed the emu10k1 driver from the kernel, enabled the alsa driver, snd-alsa-emu10k1 and everything that came along with it.
I ran the alsamixer util and set it more or less to what i wanted.
The config file generated by debian is just like the one described in that page.
I get no error messages when i try to play a song in xmms, but no sound output is made...
Anything wrong in this?
-- Fred