Hi, I'm having an issue with a Brother HL-3150CDN printer on Debian Testing.

The printer functions with the drivers CUPS offers by default, but the
official Brother's drivers has some options that I need to work with
the equipment.

I was able to install these drivers some time ago, but now they didn't
seem to work.

The two file to install are:
hl3150cdnlpr-1.1.2-1.i386.deb
hl3150cdncupswrapper-1.1.4-0.i386.deb

Both for 32-bits, so, I did the:
$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
$ sudo apt-get update

And then used apt-get to install them.
The packages get installed but didn't seem to send the data to the
printer at printing time.
Any idea how to diagnose this?

The only error I'd saw until now is when I install the lpr package:

$ sudo apt-get install ./hl3150cdnlpr-1.1.2-1.i386.deb
(...)
mkdir: no se puede crear el directorio «/var/spool/lpd/hl3150cdn»: No
existe el fichero o el directorio
chown: no se puede acceder a '/var/spool/lpd/hl3150cdn': No existe el
fichero o el directorio
chgrp: no se puede acceder a '/var/spool/lpd/hl3150cdn': No existe el
fichero o el directorio
chmod: no se puede acceder a '/var/spool/lpd/hl3150cdn': No existe el
fichero o el directorio

Any hint what could/should I do?

Thanks a lot in advance!