On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 11:03 The Wanderer <wande...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On 2020-12-13 at 11:40, Tom Browder wrote:
> > personalized calendar for my wife. This year I have been cleaning up
> > my old Perl generating code (in preparation for converting it to Raku
> > [https://raku.org]) and noticed I am getting a different pdf output
> > for each run, even when the PS output source file is unchanged!
> What observation leads you to notice that the files are different?

When I have both files under git revision control and committed, a
rerun shows no change in the PS but a change in the PDF.

I read the rest of this post and your additional post. Thank you for
your forensic information. As long as I know what has changed, thanks
to you, I am content for the moment.
I have a Raku online friend (in CC above) who is an expert on PDF and
has built voluminous tools with his PDF modules in Raku. I think he
will either know about the problem or possibly know how to fix it
since he deals with the binary output and modifying it after the fact.

Have a very Happy New Year!

Cheers,

- Tom

P.S. I wasn't aware of vbindiff (or maybe I forgot).