On Monday 21 December 2020 10:53:23 to...@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 09:50:37AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Monday 21 December 2020 09:18:45 to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > > I feel dirty now.
> >
> > So do I, even that bow legged name generates ill feelings. Me and my
> > printer both need a shower. But its better than nothing, and may
> > accidentally have what it takes to make it work.
>
> Hoping you nail it. And careful when showering that printer.
> If it's a laser, then there's some HV around inside ;-)

This ones an ink squirter, but I have a much better color laser that
despite my being a CET, Brother will not sell me a new corona wire HV
generator board for. One of these days I'll diss it and see if I can fix
it, likely a bad, high ESR capacitor.

Its not like this is my first electronics rodeo, by about 75 years. And I
do know what to do with high voltages, one tv transmitter I maintained
for 8 years could have crowbarred all of Wayne County Nebraska if a
filter capacitor shorted. Over 300KWH was its normal singing voice.  Add
at least another 0 to that when shorted by a klystron full of water
because a $75 circuit breaker failed and single phased a 15 hp water
pump.

Because of the cost of that klystron, the guv had to call in a quorum of
the legislature to write the check for a new one. About $150,000 at the
time for everything. That also got circuitry installed to stop that from
ever happening again. Expen$ive lesson but that fix was then installed
at all the NETV sites that were UHF and subject to that failure mode. 2
others IIRC.

> Cheers, good luck
>  - t

Cheers, Gene Heskett