Peter Hillier-Brook <p...@hbsys.plus.com> writes:

>>> Thanks Dan. That's useful info, but until I am able to install Debian
>>> it's a little theoretical :-)
>>>
>>> My problem is that the installation stops at the "finding disks" step,
>>> says it can't locate a driver and could I help, from a comprehensive
>>> list of devices. I paraphrase the question as the m/c is now turned off.
>>
>> Oh. That's harder.
>>
>> Luckily, this exists:
>>
>> https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Acer/Aspire%205%20A515-56

hm.
kjonca@mysz:~%sudo dmidecode|less
[...]
Product Name: Aspire A515-56

I can confirm, that I was not be able to install buster (no disk found), and I
used sid
image on usb.

Moreover I was not be able to boot when I create gpt partition table,
and I user old msdos (but this can be my PBKAC thing)
KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html