On 2021-02-25 19:50, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

I may have made a mistake, but I bought a dremel digilab 3d45 FDM
printer, aka a 3d printer. A better printer in the medium priced
category at a bit over $1800 from Amazon.

I have the appimage of cura but that version has no knowledge of this
printer, so it abuses it very noisily. The two major diffs are that the
dremel apparently considers the right rear of the plate as home, whereas
the ender3 I also have uses the left front corner as home.

They have an adapted version of cura for a free download, but only in
Win64 and mac os versions, no appimages in sight.

So, what is the best winderz emulator we have, to run this:

Dremel3DSlicer-1.2.3-win64.exe

Which file says is a:

Dremel3DSlicer-1.2.3-win64.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS
Windows, Nullsoft Installer self-extracting archive

I have no experience wrangling wine or whatever.

If it were me I'd get a Dell with a win10 pro licence sticker, and download the windows installer. You can select not to install the "helpful" stuff and there's destructions on the net for disabling Cortina and the like with Group Policy editor or something. Might be simplest in the long run.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31