rhkra...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 10, 2021 10:06:59 AM songbird wrote:
>> Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:
>> > PS: If I'm not using the mailing list properly, let me know,
>> > I never used any before.
>>
>>   only that i wish people would stop posting HTML.
>
> I don't like HTML in emails, but I don't mind it so much if the email has two
> parts, one plain text and one HTML with the same content in each.
>
> (I can't remember the correct term for that -- part of it is multipart, iirc,
> but I think there is an additional word (adjective?) to say that the same
> content is present in both parts.)
>
> I guess I'm asking if songbird (or anybody else) uses an email client that
> has
> a problem with that multipart thing (with the same content in both parts) --
> it doesn't bother my old version of kmail.

  i use slrn as my newsreader and mutt for e-mail - so that is
two different interfaces for two different things.  i do not
like e-mail and usenet integrated into one program because to
me they are completely different tasks and mentalities.  :)

  mutt i have set up to do plain text everything, so i won't
see html or pictures as most people might think, i won't open
up any documents in other formats (PDFs, etc.) from strangers -
nope, not doing that...

  also, if i post to a usenet group i don't expect e-mails in
return but they do happen at times.  almost always they are
duplicates that i don't reply to as i am here to talk publicly.

  if you do happen to e-mail me on purpose if you don't put
something in the subject line or in the first line or two of
the reply i may just delete it thinking it was one of those
duplicates.  i'm not being mean or intentionally ignoring
anyone who's trying to be helpful, but basically i'm not on
usenet for getting private replies.

  songbird