geoad...@sapo.pt writes:

> This worked: from https://moritzvd.com/email-with-smtp-debian-ubuntu/:
>
> In order to be able to use the mail command we need to install mailx:
>
>     sudo apt-get install bsd-mailx
>
> Set mail transport agent to use msmtp
>
>     sudo nano /etc/mail.rc
>
> append the following:
>
>     set mta=/usr/bin/msmtp

Good for you if it works!

I have the feeling that unfortunately the root cause of the initial
problem (it works with bsd-mailx but still fails with mailutils,
correct?) remains a mystery though.

  Maybe you would like to help investigating the issue, in which case we
  could discover and fix a bug, so that the issue doesn't hit anybody else
  in the future, which is good for the community.  If you would like to do
  that, there are things we can do to investigate, such as enabling msmtp
  logging with:

    logfile -

  Which would allow to see the actual error message.  See
  https://marlam.de/msmtp/msmtp.html#Logging

But don't feel obliged to do that.  It's OK.  I have updated the wiki
page with your inputs anyway.

Thanks!

--
Fabrice Bauzac-Stehly
PGP 01EEACF8244E9C14B551C5256ADA5F189BD322B6