David Wright wrote:

> On Tue 13 Apr 2021 at 00:49:48 (+0200), deloptes wrote:
>> Kent West wrote:
>>

>> Perhaps you try locking the session of the first user and see what
>> happens - if the second has access to the audio.
>
> It would also be interesting to know what happens when the first
> person logs in remotely and a second person then logs in at the
> console. Does the first person get ownership at all, and if so,
> does the second person wrest it from them?

I read the documentation around ConsoleKit and systemd-login (which is more
or less the same) briefly
A difference is made by console login and remote login. All this
restrictions are related to local login, where the user occupies the
hardware, because obviously only one user can sit infront of the PC.
What I wanted to try, but did not have the time to do is to test all of this
after installing ConsoleKit ... or better wait for Debian 11.