Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 10
KDE Plasma Version: 5.14.5
Qt Version: 5.11.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.54.0
Kernel Version: 4.19.0-16-amd64
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × AMD FX(tm)-4350 Quad-Core Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM

When trying to install the Bacula backup system on my computer, I get the following error:

*QStandardPaths: wrong ownership on runtime directory /run/user/1000, 1000 instead of 0*

I have noticed the same problem on other software packages. I have searched the internet for answers to this and have found dozens of cases with dozens of different ways to fix the problem, none of which seem to work for me. This is a recent problem that has started to occur since I was forced to reinstall my operating system. This problem  effects multiple software packages which seems to point to some  common cause.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.