Buster amd64:
$ uname -a
Linux debian.localdomain 4.19.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.171-2 (2021-01-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ dpkg -l |grep audacity
ii audacity 2.2.2-1+b1 amd64 fast, cross-platform audio editor ii audacity-data 2.2.2-1 all fast, cross-platform audio editor (data)

On audacity's main screen the input device is set at ALSA with no other choices available.

If I hit Generate->Tone I can record and play back said tone.

But if I turn on a favorite internet radio station ("Your Classical") the signal does not find it's way into audacity, although I can listen to my machine's headphone jack with great pleasure.

This regardless of whether I select an input of 'default', 'sysdefault', or any of the other half dozen or choices I tested but alas did not make a note of.

Question: given this hardware and underlying linux, what do others find works as 'input' for audacity?

Thank you.

--
RSB