Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE wrote:

> To noboy in particular:
> Yes, that is so and for whatever reasons there might be, it is extremely
> confusing causing frustration, despair and eventually anger.
> It is especially exasperating if one works with several DE which,
> contrary to the underlying distribution, also change their behaviour
> once in awhile.
> I used to have en_US language with German keyboard and SA-paraguaian
> monetary symbols. That is an edge-case which worked fine for many years
> but recently gives me trouble with KDE and also Perl.
> Cheers to everybody on the list

This is why I decided to stick to the continuation of KDE3 now called TDE -
using Cyrillic, German and English - no issues.
I refused to be victim of developers/designers dictatorship.
TDE might not be perfect, but the community wants to have stable desktop.

It could also work with newer KDE if it were possible to find one stable
version and stick to it. However your post and similar are not very
motivational to try newer KDE again soon.