On Wed, 19 May 2021 19:31:09 +0300
Reco <recovery...@enotuniq.net> wrote:

>       Hi.
>
> On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 12:04:51PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > > There's currently a network wide mass exodus from Freenode going on
> > > today after apparently Freenode was sold to some bitcoin spammers.
> >
> > Wow - I just saw this:
> >
> > https://lwn.net/Articles/856543/
> >
> > But it didn't mention Bitcoin spammers ;)
>
> LWN is known to simplify things. Here's some words from the former

They are? I usually find their coverage pretty good. In any event, in
this case the piece was barely a paragraph, just noting the existence
of serious problems and so on, and linking to various places.

> freenode staff:
>
> https://blog.bofh.it/debian/id_461

I suppose Marco is a serious guy, but it's hard to take seriously a
statement that refers (without sourcing) to one's antagonist as "a
Trumpian wannabe korean royalty bitcoins millionaire."

I have no idea what that is, and spam isn't mentioned.

Celejar