My OS is Debian 10.9 and has the kernel version:

Linux localhost 5.10.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.24-1~bpo10+1
(2021-03-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

1. I have already configured the OS not to download software updates
automatically by using the widget "Software & Updates". Click the URL below to
see a screenshot of the Software Updates:

https://ibb.co/bs7pF9q

2. I deleted the file 50unattended-upgrades located in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/

In spite of the above two actions, Debian 10.9 still downloads software and
security updates for me automatically in the background. Could someone help me
with a fix that really works?

Thanks.

Marcello