On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 05:33:57PM -0400, Kenneth Parker wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 27, 2021, 5:02 PM Long Wind <longwi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > i think terminal font used by jessie is nice
> > but it's ugly in stretch
> > how to set font? Thanks!
> >

> I believe that this is done through Frame Buffer settings.
>
> The reason why this is fresh on my mind, is that I recently got a Gaming
> PC.  Until I got the right Firmware, the text (tty) screens were 24x80.
>
> Just something to investigate...
>
> Good luck!
>
> Kenneth Parker

As you've seen: it can and does depend on firmware needed. Some new machines
show a completely black screen even after an apparently successful install
until they get the right firmware.

There are currently release critical bugs as one of the release managers
is trying to narrow down what machines need what and with what effects.
It also varies if the desktop environment is using older Xorg drivers
rather than Wayland, seemingly.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater