Richard Owlett composed on 2021-06-30 08:43 (UTC-0500):

> I don't recall just when I
> did it but I had tried including "install-recommends=false" somewhere in
> the command line. It failed.

I start most installations with Grub. Nearly always I start with a minimal
installation. On the linu lines in these files is:

        base-installer/install-recommends=false
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
        based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata