Hi all,

I run openssh 7.9p1-10+deb10u2 on Debian 10.10.

Logwatch, which runs daily, occasionally (maybe 2-3 times per month) reports the following:

--------------------- SSHD Begin ------------------------

 Deprecated options in SSH config:
    KeyRegenerationInterval - line 28
    RSAAuthentication - line 49
    RhostsRSAAuthentication - line 57
    ServerKeyBits - line 29
    UsePrivilegeSeparation - line 25

I've checked /etc/ssh/sshd_config and the options are there but:

- they are all commented out with ## (why should I be forced to delete commented out lines?)
- none of these options is mentioned in any other file under /etc
- the line numbers are shifted by 2 (e.g. line 25 is in fact line 27) because of 2 custom lines that I added at the very beginning of the file

I've definitely restarted ssh service since making the changes.

Why is logwatch still complaining and why is it getting the line numbers wrong?

Regards,
Adam