On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 03:46:51PM +0100, Morgan Read wrote:
> On 11/08/2021 11:30 pm, David Christensen wrote:
> > On 8/11/21 6:45 AM, Morgan Read wrote:
> >> After having overcome a fairly fundamental bug with calamares as
> >> described here:
> >> https://github.com/calamares/calamares/issues/1564#issuecomment-846321060
> >> And, (unnecessarily as it turned out) re-installed my system, I find
> >> I'm unable to boot. ...

Morgan,

Possibly just don't use calamares. Use the standard Debian installer (d-i for
short). Either the standard or expert installs offer you "ordinary" LVM or
encrypted LVM with LUKS, made even more straightforward if you can choose
guided partitioning. Do be aware, however, that if you choose
multi-filesystem, then you might have to check that the appropriate
partition sizes are correct for you. In testing, we often have to swap the
mount point labels around.

Also: the standard size for swap is now 1G and for a dedicated /tmp
partition of 2G.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater