On Mon 16 Aug 2021 at 21:47:08 (-0400), Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 09:21:52AM +0800, Robbi Nespu wrote:
> >     $ cat /etc/debian_version
> >     11.0
> >
> >     $ cat /etc/os-release
> >     PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)"
> >     NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
> >     VERSION_ID="11"
> >     VERSION="11 (bullseye)"
> >     VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
> >     ID=debian
> >     HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/";
> >     SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support";
> >     BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/";
> >
> > Hurmm.. that is unexpected, are this is normal or did I missed something?
>
> Be patient.  A new base-files package hasn't been uploaded into unstable
> yet.  I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later.
>
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=base-files

And even then, take note of /usr/share/doc/base-files/README:

 “Q. Why "bookworm/sid" and not "testing/unstable" as it used to be?

 “A. The codename is a little bit more informative, as the meaning of
  "testing" changes over time.

 “Q. Ok, but how do I know which distribution I'm running?

 “A. If you are running testing or unstable, then /etc/debian_version is
  not a reliable way to know that anymore. Looking at the contents of
  your /etc/apt/sources.list file is probably a much better way.”

Cheers,
David.