On Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 07:40:42AM +0200, fran...@libero.it wrote:
> Taking a cue from the Thread "About user and password on Debian 10" I would
> like to transfer the partitions related to Debian 10 to a larger HD, but with
> the possibility of having the / partition larger than the current one. It's
> possible?

It's "possible", yes.  But you might find it easier to perform a new
installation of Debian 11 on the new drive, and then copy over the /home
directory from the old installation, plus whatever other data need to
be transferred.

It depends primarily on how much customization you did to the existing
system.  If there are a lot of third-party applications that you would
need to reinstall/rebuild on the new system, then that starts to swing
the needle back in the direction of "trying to migrate an existing
system to a new hard drive".  Which is nontrivial, but possible.