Hit send a bit too soon. The Root desktop is not affected by the problem.

On 10/15/2021 09:16 AM, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
I am running Debian Buster with th e Xfce4 Desktop.

This morning after a reboot the User Background color was no longer the color that was set - black, but the entire desktop opened with an overall gray background. Rebooting restored the black desktop, but opening an app and then closing it left the background gray where the app was opened

I don't have the faintest idea what happened or how to fix it. I really don't whant to have to reinstall Debian.

A solution will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.