Hi David

Thanks for the info you provided.
The original purpose I asked the question is that I did need that jar file
for Mysql connector for Spark.
As you see the operations below:

$ pyspark --jars mysql-connector-java-8.0.27.jar
Python 3.6.9 (default, Jan 26 2021, 15:33:00)
[GCC 8.4.0] on linux
Spark context available as 'sc' (master = local[*], app id =
local-1638960026416).
SparkSession available as 'spark'.

In the command line I specify the jar name which must be put in Spark's
library dir.
So I was looking where the file is located in the system.

best regards,
Piper