On Thursday, 10 March 2022 07:24:57 EST Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 07:18:56AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I just had a bad time rebooting with 2 combined problems.
> >
> > 1. A brand new acer wireless mouse was found of on powerups, but
> > refused to move the pointer even in the bios, until that mouse was
> > replaced with and older logiteh, and the cable leading to its rx
> > dongle was plugged into a usb2 interface on the mobo. Its not found
> > if plugged into a usb3 port.
>
> Probably best for any device with a USB dongle to be plugged in
> directly to a socket rather than an extension cable. Range on a
> wireless mouse should be maybe 20 feet.

Hi Andy, range isn't, or shouldn't be a problem as its generally 4 to 6
inches. Its about a 5 foot extension cable with a sabrant 4 port, each
port power switchable hub on the end of that cable and its been working
that way for long before wheezy. Working right now, with an old wireless
mouse and its receiver.  The log looks fine, both mice are recognized
when I power up the port the dongle is plugged into, but the new about 2
weeks ago Acer mouse does not move the onscreen pointer, while a ratty
old logitech works fine but its long lost its bottom skid pads so it
doesn't have that "feel".

> > And why do I see the ata6 error on a reboot, but not on a full
> > powerdown reboot?
>
> Possibly because a full powerdown will flush cache and ensure writes to
> disk? It's also worth checking logs and dmesg output to see what is
> shown.
> > This is my first experience at software raid, so I am a new bee. My
> > fingers are at your command.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett.
> > --

> > -Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
> > If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
> > respectable.>
> >  - Louis D. Brandeis
>
> With every good wish, as ever,
>
> Andy Cater