All,

I suppose I was not clear about the reason for using the on mobo RAID chipsets. I simply want to have the ability to use more than 4 IDE devices. I thought using the on board RAID controller was a easy solutions. I suppose not.

All I want to do is to have the ability to run 4 IDE harddrives and 2 CD/DVD ROM/RW drives. I am told that SATA can be used a host. But that is not the best for me as I have to buy SATA drive and my ATA drives wont do.
If any of you have suggestions short of buying a new ATA card, I am eager to know.

Thanks and Regards
Ramesh