On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Andy Gayton wrote:

> > if that's a cdrw vs cdrom, you will need to do more boot/kernel fiddling
> > with scsi-emulation and not just 'cdrom' issue
>
> It is a cdrw - but it worked with boot/kernel settings as is fine before I started
> to add the new disk .. no sure why it doesn't work no when I've put everything back
> in its old configuration ..

depending on the kernel ...

if you config'd hdc=ide-scsi...  and you unplug the cdrw and insert a hd,
than sometimes the hd is NOT recognized ... and vice versa
        - change lilo/gurb to boot the other kernel options for hdc
        depending on what you have plugged into hdc

2.4.23cdrw -- cdrw  on hdc  with "hdc=ide-scsi"
2.4.23   ---- 3rd disk on hdc

c ya
alvin