On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 10:46 <rhkra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, June 03, 2022 10:43:53 AM Tom Browder wrote:
> > I have been using ssh for logging in to my remote hosts for many years,
> but
> > I have NOT been using ssh-agent.
>
> I'm intentionally not addressing your specific questions.
>
> For me, your post is rather timely, because I'm digging into ssh and was
> trying to understand the different methods of authentication and trying to
> decide what was best for me.  (I have a SOHO with up to 5 nodes at time
> (right
> now only 3.)
>
> From some of my reading, ssh certificates seem to be highly recommended,
> although it has seemed difficult for me to get all the details I want.
>
> The best resource I've found so far is:

I remember seeing that in the past. Note when I started my
https://usafa-1965.org website in 2010 I plunged into creating ssl
certificates for my classmates to log in painlessly. But it was a pain for
me, although I built my CA with a hand-coded Perl set of programs which
helped immensely. There are now better CA solutions (open source ones,
too), but for my purposes I think the ssh-agent will be easier.

https://betterprogramming.pub/how-to-use-ssh-certificates-for-scalable-secure-
> and-more-transparent-server-access-720a87af6617?gi=8a3ac1f658bc
> <https://betterprogramming.pub/how-to-use-ssh-certificates-for-scalable-secure-and-more-transparent-server-access-720a87af6617?gi=8a3ac1f658bc>
>
> One problem with that article is that it seems that there are about 3
> blanks
> in it where, for example, the text mentions something like ~"use this
> command"
> and then there is a big blank spot.  (I've tried viewing the page in 2 to
> 4
> different browsers, depending on how you count them -- some older versions
> of
> firefox, a fairly recent version of firefox, and an older version of
> konqueror).

I briefly looked at the article and didn't notice anything missing. Maybe
if you could take some screen shots in those areas we could help.

-Tom