Hello.
Do you have "relayhost" set to gmail SMTP server?
https://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relayhost

Did you call postmap(1) to build password file?
http://www.postfix.org/postmap.1.html

Here are a couple of tutorials:
http://postfix.cs.utah.edu/SOHO_README.html#client_sasl_enable
https://stafwag.github.io/blog/blog/2018/03/04/postfix-smarthost-with-authentication/

The best place to ask postfix questions is postfix mail list:
https://www.postfix.org/lists.html
Postfix developers answer there.

You can try to debug and increase logging :
https://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html