On Sat 25 Jun 2022 at 09:37:32 (-0400), Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

> I have four hard drives ion my Bullseye platform; Three SSD's and one
> HDD. My current copy of Bullseye is on /dev/sdd1. I have installed a
> pristine copy of Bullsye on /dev/sda.
>
> The installer found the copy of Bullseye on /dev/ssd1 and I installed
> grub on /dev/sda1. At the end of the installation process I removed
> the installationm media from the cdrom drive, rebooted the computer
> and selected /dev/sda1. I got an error message that /dev/sda couldn't
> be found. The good news is that if I hit the reset button on the
> platform the old grub menu comes up and the system boots into the
> version
> on sdd1.
>
> Now, this ROF (retired old fool, althought other terms might be
> aplicable) from the long gone days of punched cards and tape drives
> has been using computers sine the early 1960's, google was not my
> frient in trying to find a solution to the problem.
>
> Assistanc will be mucn appeciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

It looks as if you asked a question very like this in February, to
which there were two followups, but nothing back from you about how
you're booting this machine, UEFI or legacy BIOS, and how the disks
are partitioned, MBR or GPT. This may make people reluctant to help,
as they may feel they are wasting their breath.

My only advice at this time would be to find a better method to
identify your disk partitions than their kernel names, /dev/sd[abcd]:
so LABELs, PARTLABELs or UUIDs.

Cheers,
David.