On Sat, 2022-07-23 at 09:04 +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> what is Debian's policy wrt bugs reported for a package in Stable (e.g.
> some daemon eating up 100% CPU)? Looking at the "Closes:" feature for
> debian/changelog I have the impression that a fix in Unstable is seen
> to be sufficient "to get rid" of the bug report.
>
> Surely "Closes:" is very convenient, but wouldn't you agree that this
> puts the users of Stable at a disadvantage?

As a rule, the Stable release is stable, i.e. unchanging and doesn't
receive bug fixes except for serious security issues. Though some very
serious bugs do get fixed in Stable point releases too, I don't know
what criteria such updates need to meet. I expect that it's the release
team that makes the final decision.

--
Tixy