On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 03:06:47PM -0500, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  I googled: "mount solid state drive" Linux, and I got very few hits
> (like 16?) which were mostly totally irrelevant.

First of all, you don't mount a drive. You mount a file system.

This may sound like an unimportant nit to pick, but it actually
can get very confusing when there's more than one partition
(and thus potentially more than one file system) on that drive.

Then, from the system software side, there's no difference between
an SSD and a "traditional" hard disk. As far as you, the sysadmin,
are concerned, they both present themselves as block devices you
can partition, put file systems there, etc.

*If*

 (a) there is a file system on your drive (perhaps in a partition
    in there)
 (b) your OS is set up in a way that it automatically recognises
    it

then it'll probably somehow auto-mount that file system (that
may be helpful or not).

Now the question back to you: *what* are you trying to do?

Cheers