On Fri, Aug 05, 2022 at 12:31:00PM -0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2022-08-05, Brian <a...@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> >> I think the question is, "Why isn't http://archive.debian.org/debian/
> >> working for me?"
> >
> > Indeed!
> >

> Not only that, but one guy said the archive had been pulled down,
> another guy said to go to snapshot.debian.org, and still another
> validated the suggestion of using archive.debian.org, which brought us full
> circle back to the OP.

I'm wondering whether the OP is behind some kind of corporate or
nation-state firewall that prevents the normal use of the Web, specifically
unencrypted HTTP sessions.

The only reason I mention this is because *I* work in such a place, and
if I ever wanted to update one of my wheezy boxes, I'm not at *all* sure
how I would go about it.  HTTPS works, HTTP does not, and wheezy sources
are only available in HTTP.

So, it's a long shot, but maybe it's true for them as well.