Greg Wooledge <g...@wooledge.org> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 08:49:29AM +0800, Jeremy Ardley wrote:
>> One of my problems with systemd is the that name resolution is by default
>> done by resolved.
>
> Not in Debian.
>
> unicorn:~$ systemctl status systemd-resolved
> ● systemd-resolved.service - Network Name Resolution
>      Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/systemd-resolved.service; disabled;
> ve>
>      Active: inactive (dead)
>        Docs: man:systemd-resolved.service(8)
>              man:org.freedesktop.resolve1(5)
>
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/writing-network->
>
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/writing-resolver>
>
> That's the Debian default.  I didn't have to disable it, although I
> certainly *would* have, had the default been otherwise.

I was wondering about the same thing, so far I've needed to explicitly
enable systemd-resolved on Debian when I've wanted it.

I wonder what bugs Jeremy has found and reported against
systemd-resolved though. I remember getting a big headache trying to get
interface specific DNS configuration going only to eventually find out
it really wasn't working in the version Debian packaged at the time.