On Wed 31 Aug 2022 at 15:25:36 (+0200), ppr wrote:
> Copying non-tried blocks... Pass 1 (forwards)^C
>
> Should I wait hoping for a speeding? Should I pass different option to
> ddrescue or use another tool?

I would look at two options you could try adding to your command line:

-K --skip-size could ascertain whether you've hit a really bad patch
that's holding everything up but can jump over it, or whether the
rest of the disk is just as bad.

-R --reverse will start an attempt from the end of the disk, and if
you're extremely lucky, it might copy most of the remaining 960-odd GB
of data. OTOH it might only confirm that the disk is closer to meeting
its maker than it was when you started the rescue.

Cheers,
David.