> On Fri, 2 Sep 2022 12:09:31 -0400
> Dan Ritter <d...@randomstring.org> wrote:
>
> > Dave Howorth wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd like to use uvcdynctrl on a bullseye 64-bit system. But
> > > according to
> > > https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=uvcdynctrl the
> > > package is not available for any flavour of bullseye. It is
> > > available for both earlier (stretch and buster) and later
> > > (bookworm and sid) releases.
> > >
> > > So I'm curious what the reason is? And if I could use one of the
> > > other versions on my system? I'm sadly no expert on forwards and
> > > backwards compatibility issues.
> >
> > Will v4l2-ctl work for what you want to adjust?
>
> I don't know, I'm not familiar with it. I need to import the
> logitech.xml file and then set an attribute that was loaded 'Led1
> Mode'.

Just a quick note to say that v4l2-ctl does seem to do the job. It
knows about the attribute and apparently can control it. I'm not sure
yet whether it knows about the attribute automatically somehow or
whether something I did when fiddling about somehow 'taught' it, but
I'll experiment some more.

So thanks very much for the tip :)