On Wed, 2022-09-07 at 12:37 -0600, Casey Deccio wrote:

> > On Sep 7, 2022, at 11:46 AM, Jim Popovitch <j...@k4vqc.com> wrote:
> >
> > I saw some much of the verbose '15 > 14' logs that I just decided to
> > net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0 and be done with it. Cleared up the
> > noise, haven't noticed any problems since. ymmv.
>
> Sounds like you've seen a non-trivial amount of this?
>
> Disabling window scaling with net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0 will "fix"
> the logs, but of course, it will also disable window scaling, which
> means that you are limiting the size of your congestion window to
> 64KB.  This effectively limits the throughput of TCP sessions over
> "long, fat pipes".

Yep.  I don't own/run/maintain anything on fat pipes, just destinations
such as webservers, email  servers, and dns servers for mailinglists.
 If the bandwidth for them is now capped at 2MBs, that's ok in my book.
  The notion that everything needs to support 10Gb interfaces and
terabyte sized hardware is just not realistic.

-Jim P.