On Friday, 16 September 2022 13:25:06 CEST, Greg Wooledge wrote:
I did find this paragraph in systemd.exec(5):

me, too. if i run into a problem, the first thing i do is to read. and, yes: i do read even man pages! ;)

Maybe you can find a workaround there, and/or contribute your workaround
when you file your bug report.

i did, see my initial post. and since the issue is known, as it seems to be fixed in bookworm, i don't see any reason to file a bug.

Personally, I've never configured sshd to use socket activation, nor do I
see any advantage in doing so.

me neither, hence my irritation. and i now deactivated socket activation and went back to the good old daemon. yes, we all have our daemons! ;)

i just had a problem with ssh(d), and i wanted to know what caused it. now that i know, i can sleep a lot better. :)

Back in the old days, [...]

yeah, i miss them, too... sometimes...

greetings...