Greg Wooledge wrote:

>> 'man bash' cites Brian Fox and Chet Ramey as the authors,
>> and gives an E-mail address for each. (It's possible that
>> they may be the active upstream maintainers, as well.)
>
> Chet Ramey is the current upstream bash maintainer.
> Brian Fox has not been involved with bash development for
> decades. Nevertheless, removing Brian's email address from
> the AUTHORS section is neither necessary nor desirable.
> Everyone knows it's a historical section.

I think it's wrong to include tech information in manpages
that looks useful but isn't, I'd consider that a bug which
should and could be fixed quickly and easily.

I didn't know this was a radical view actually! But I take
pride in this, apparently controversial position then.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal