Le 27/10/2022 à 00:52, Joe Pfeiffer a écrit :
I'm trying to do an update to my Debian 11 system, and keep getting the
following failure:

E: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/fuse failed with return 1.

Trying to get a little more information, I ran

update-initramfs -u -v -k all

and after many lines of output, got:

Adding binary /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libe2p.so.2.3
Calling hook fuse
Adding binary /sbin/mount.fuse3
E: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/fuse failed with return 1.

I reported this as a bug against fuse3 last Saturday, but to date
haven't heard anything from the maintainer.

So...  any ideas what's going on?  And more importantly what can I do
about it?

Hello,

I do not know well initramfs but initramfs-tools(7) manpage states:
[...]
KERNEL HOOKS
initramfs-tools includes hook scripts that are called by kernel packages on installation and removal, so that an initramfs is automatically created, updated or deleted as necessary. The hook scripts do nothing if the environment variable INITRD is set to No. This will be the case for kernel packages built with make deb-pkg and with CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD not set in the kernel config, or built with make-kpkg and not using the --initrd option.
[...]

So I suppose that for whatever reason, fuse3 package has been uninstalled but the fuse3 hook has not been removed.

Depending on what you want (fuse3 installed or not), I would suggest either cleanly purge or reinstall fuse3 package.