Am 15.11.2022 um 19:20 schrieb Jeffrey Walton:
> It's not you. The whole key server architecture is a mess nowadays.
>
> Jeff

Thank you, Jeff, for your explanation and hints.

Just one additional viewpoint from me (an afficionado for data
protection) ;-)

As i see it, the european law suffers from using wrong understanding and
wording, a problem, that is very difficult to fix, as long as teachers,
universities, and many professionals are not even aware of the cause of
their troubles.

I was hoping, that the corona epidemic would demonstrate clearly, how
that new law hinders science and other communities to collect useful and
sometimes necessary information, much to the detriment of social sanity.

But life goes on and people do not seem to notice the errors of their
ways. And the resolution is not a technical problem, it is an awareness
and an agreement moderation problem. But AFAICT there are very few
people even noticing the misdirection of our policies, and certainly not
enough people to push a change ... uptil now.

So society goes on onto the misguided path, creating further problems
along the way. i myself am rather desperate when i see people involved
in computer security regularly failing at ringing the bell. Not really
wondering, that keyservers now display noticeable problems, that would
make a global change in perspective desirable.

just my 2 cents (probably not on the best list to air this)
stopping now (AFK) :-))

DdB