gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> writes:

> Mail only, no newsgroup involved. It simply ignores a base64, several
> times from a business that would like to sell me some stepper motors I
> need. Is there a library its missing? Or something equally accidental?

I don't think there's a separate base64 library for Thunderbird and if
there was, it'd be a dependency of Thunderbird.

Some messages on this debian-user mailing list are base64, with a quick
search there's one from David Wright on your "general squawk about
unattended-upgrade" thread from Yesterday (Nov 17th). Do you have
trouble displaying those?