Hello Tom. If you want to have all the best features all around when you
want to virtualize an OS,don't use virtualbox or vmware. Qemu + kvm will
give you the better options. Depending on your graphic card,with the proper
settings (on debian and on the qemu-kvm side) you can passthru one of your
graphic cards from the host os (debian) to the guest os (it works better
with an AMD card).

--
Mario.