On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 03:11:10PM -0500, Amn wrote:
> Hi folks, I thought it would be a good idea to install the sid packages, but
> a lot of things are not working properly, so I would like to go back to
> stable source packages only. How can I do that?
>
> Thanks!!

Hi Amn,

You can't, effectively - you're two stages beyond stable and there is no
good downgrade process. (The only exception is the day when testing is released
and becomes stable - at which point everything *just works* if your
/etc/apt/sources.list references the distribution by release code name).

The quickest thing to do may be to copy off any vital data files you don't
have elsewhere and reinstall from nothing. I'd suggest using the installer
which includes non-free firmware -
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/11.5.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-11.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso
 - as this may help on a laptop connected via WiFi.

Sid was the evil boy who broke toys in the Toy Story films. If you run sid, you
are expected to be able to resolve package dependencies and fix broken systems.
"If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces".

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater