On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 at 3:37 AM Timothy M Butterworth <
timothy.m.butterwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 4, 2022 at 2:41 PM David Christensen <
> dpchr...@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/4/22 05:52, Gabor Urban wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am planning to install Debian on a laptop the first time.That will
>> not be
>> > my first installing but I never used notebooks for that. I have found a
>> lot
>> > of useful information but I would like to have some guidance at the
>> start.
>> >
>> > What are the most important issues selecting a laptop I should be
>> mindful
>> > about?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,

I have a Ryzen 7 4700U 8 core processor with Radeon Graphics. I am running
Debian Testing because Debian Stable does not have working HDMI sound
drivers

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PC72314/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This Laptop requires non-free firmware for: WiFi, Sound, Video etc. As long
as you do not mind running binary blobs I recommend it. The price is good
for the performance.

--

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀