It's necessary to unmute resources in pulseaudio and I don't know how to
do that.  No problem with alsa but pulseaudio given naming conventions for
me was opaque.  You may have good luck with pipewire but be prepared to
install wireplumber if necessary.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.