Greetings all;

debian bullseye, on a i5 machine, uptodate a/o yesterday.
trying to build marlin for a newer board in a 3d printer, static blew the Robin Nano 1.2 board that drove a two trees sapphire 5 plus. The blown board has been replaced with a newer Robin Nano 3.1 board, with TMC2209 motor drivers.

This machine is a corexy machine.

I have never tried to build marlin before. Marlin is written in python, now python 3.

I've had pip3 install platformio but cannot find instructions of how to start from square one.

I have available, several banana pi m5's if that would be a more suitable platform. And I build LinuxCNC from fresh git pulls on an rpi4b regularly, so I'm not a newbie for arm stuff.

Marlin has switched to an autoconfig of sorts, two methods of building, platformio, and visual studio.

One path involves Visual Studio which does not seem to be available for debian, so it appears the platformio path is the one to follow. But step by step instructions are pretty slim.

Can anyone help get me started?

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)