On 25/01/2023 15:26, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
it might be that there are no further (periodic) read attempts.

If the messages only appear once during the boot procedure, then i think
the issue is explored as far as possible without starting kernel
programming.

Just to briefly comment on this - read attempts continue, please see my earlier messages in this thread, including original bug report 2 years ago. dmesg is infested with these errors in red, periodically there is another one, triggered by something, it goes on forever. Inserting blank disc on every reboot is not a solution in my opinion. And I didn't verified it myself, so I don't know if its going to work in my case, or Linux at some point will realize the trick. :D

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/