On Tue 31 Jan 2023 at 14:41:24 (+0000), Shalom Ben-Zvii Kazaz wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 6:00 PM Alexandre Rossi <n...@zincube.net> wrote:
> > > In the past week my laptop freezes randomly, I can say it happens every
> > 2-3
> > > hours. but there are actions that consistently always cause a freeze,
> > like
> > > opening Zoom or executing lspci in Terminator.
> >
> > I would suggest:
> > - try to get more debugging info using SysRQ keys [1]
> > - try to get more debugging info using netconsole[2] (needs wired
> > connection)
> > - try another OS (Ubuntu live CD, Windows) to rule out hardware problem
> >

> following the suggestion to try another OS i booted the computer with
> ubuntu 22.4 live usb, i'm working with since yesterday with no issues. i
> have enough memory so i installed some of the applications i use like
> slack,zoom,terminator and more, i even installed intellij idea and worked
> on my project for hours. zoom works with video ,slack works, there is no
> freeze , the computer is up with ubuntu 22.4 for almost 24 hours and
> everything looks ok.
> So i guess there is no hardware problem.
> So i don't know what to do, I'm thinking to reinstall debian but I'm not
> sure the problem will disappear because it may be something with the kernel
> of some package.

Earlier you wrote "I've been using this laptop for the past 3 years
with the same setup with debian testing since its new", which means
that you should be able to run this machine with bullseye.

If you run testing, do full-upgrades, and expect full-upgrades are
going to fix things, then you might be better off sticking with
the stable distribution, assuming you were to go back to Debian.

Cheers,
David.