Qiming Ye composed on 2023-02-22 12:34 (UTC+0800):

> I have a Debian box running for 280+ days without rebooting, recently it
> crashes
> pretty much everyday.  Where should I look for the reason of crashing?

If you're running Bullseye from that external HD, I'd suspect the external HD's
power supply. Who made it? When? When was that HD made? How many hours are on
it?
smartctl -x /dev/sdb will report its power on hours.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
        based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata