Hello,

[…]
vpnc_script has about eight methods available for setting up and
reverting resolv.conf. Which is used depends on the presence of
a binary, checked in turn from this list:

  /etc/openwrt_release          modify_resolvconf_openwrt
  /usr/bin/resolvectl           modify_resolved_manager
  /usr/bin/busctl               modify_resolved_manager_old
  /sbin/resolvconf              modify_resolvconf_manager
  /sbin/netconfig               modify_resolvconf_suse_netconfig
  /sbin/modify_resolvconf       modify_resolvconf_suse
  /usr/sbin/unbound-control     modify_resolvconf_unbound
  otherwise                     modify_resolvconf_generic

Perhaps you could check which of those binaries you have.

I have they two resolved_manager binaries, but since systemd-resolvd service is disabled and stopped on my system, I highly doubt these are used.
It's more likely modify_resolvconf_generic

However, I didn't notice any vnpc_script malfunction. It does what it is expected to do. I'm like 99% sure the problem is dhclient deleting and recreating /etc/resolv.conf as it sees fit, multiple times a day, and deleting whatever vpnc_script has put in that file.

> But how do you manage /etc/resolv.conf with connman. I don't use it,

Actually I was interested in what sets up your ordinary networking,
the one that uses your ISP, when you're not "at work" …

- ConnMan is used to manually connect to/disconnect from wired, and much less often wireless (wifi, bluetooth) networks
- dhclient is used for DHCP request
- My OpenWRT router with DHCP is used as gateway for my subnet, answers to DHCP requests - Then there's is toward my ISP's all-in-one router/modem + TV set top box + telephony bullshit (I don't use anything but Interne, but ISP enforces their "triple play bullshit so I have to do with that all in one device… There's no alternatives for DOCSIS, Since I can't get FTTH yet, which my current router doesn't support yet, either way I'm dependant on ISP router)

Otherwise, when VPN is disconnected, I DO want /etc/resolv.conf to be
generated according to my home router's DHCP tells the computer

… yes, that one.

Cheers,
David.